Valkyrie Entertainment is currently looking for a Senior Gameplay Systems Engineer to join us on-site in Seattle to help us deliver high-quality games.
As a Senior Gameplay Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for fully scoping, creating, and supporting core gameplay systems. You have experience doing what it takes to get a game running smoothly, have built an arsenal of demonstrable code, and thrive solving challenges before others have even identified them.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write well architected, extensible, and performant code that will be seen on millions of devices.
- Scope, communicate, and execute on deep design-driven mechanics.
- Own the overall gameplay architecture, identify risks, and communicate every step of the way.
- Ensure delivery of all scheduled tasks.
- Write and maintain documentation with architectural diagrams for all created systems.
- 5+ years of game development experience on PC, console, or mobile titles.
- Experience delivery high-quality AI, audio, navigation, economy, IO or other related systems.
- Experience working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable coding ability in C#/C++.
- Demonstrable ability to scope all work from concept to delivery.
- Attention for detail and correctness.
- Self-starting projects, and knowing when to pull the plug.
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
- Previous experience using Unity, Unreal, and/or similar game engines.
- Experience working with designers and/or creative leads.
- Graphics/Shader Programming
- Online Client->Server Programming